MommaVoz sees all...

...and then rants and raves about it here.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

"When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong."

RIP, we love you Jerry

No, not Lennie Briscoe. Dirty Dancing. Jennifer "Baby" Grey's doctor father, lamely apologizing to Patrick Swayze for completely misjudging him. (Of course I don't think he actually says he's wrong, but that's another post....) And, attentive offspring in the audience, the above is the actual quote, not the version that lives in family lore. I looked it up.

So PP returned home triumphant. Case dismissed. Didn't even have to tell his story to the judge. The officer didn't show, no surprise. But usually it has been our experience that the judge gives these defenders of the peace at least one more chance and reschedules the hearing - or - sometimes they offer an opportunity for the defendant to plea bargain and pay a usurious, but point-free, fine. Which PP was angling for. Which I scoffed at, saying there was no defense and they would throw the book at him. But whaddya know, the "alleged" offense took place on the Saw Mill River Parkway, and hence was not town, but county. And you need a county chochem to negotiate a plea. But none was there. So.... case dismissed. No fine, no points, no hearing, no nothing. Rumor has it that PP considered riding off on Dollar the horse - hail the conquering hero - but instead drove (within the speed limit I am sure) home.

So this is where I get to quote that sharp-dressing 80s disco-dancing doctor.

"When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong."



ANOTHER DISCLAIMER: the picture is from Jerry's no-doubt memorable 1980 appearance as Lars Mangros in the "Space Rockers" episode of the forgettable (well, I've forgotten it) tv show, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. There do not seem to be any pictures on the net - NONE - of Jerry in Dirty D.. Perhaps ye of bigger bandwidth can find one and send me the link. I give up.

4 Comments:

Blogger teevoz said...

You like it? You really like it?

Now I know how Sally Field felt.

Oy. Ok.

5:40 PM  
Blogger teevoz said...

HA!!!

Of course that's what PP is for. What else? I mean I can think of a few things that could be an acronym for, but That Would Not be Nice.

PS - cooler than you? Hardly. But at least you know where you and the broha get it from.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY FUCK!

this is a most welcome addition to the ever-growing FWAV-L blogosphere. even when i was clued in to its existence over a delicious sandiwch at yura, i had no idea how entertaining and witty it would be.

also, this means that i am the only remaining member of the ol' nuclear who does not have even a single active blog, let alone several.

oh well. anyway: this blog is hilarious. welcome to the digital block, m.v.

8:52 PM  
Blogger teevoz said...

Yay! The son also rises!

You don't have time to blog. You have to keep up with all of ours.

OK, chilluns, let 'er roll.

The world has NO idea what awaits it.

(And thank you both for your existence. Which come to think of it wasn't your idea. I thank myself. And what's his name.)

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home